SPIDER Growing A Family
We acknowledge with respect the unceded and traditional lands and waters of the Skwxwú7mesh Úxwumixw and the shíshálh Nation where we gather, learn, and collaborate with one another.
SPIDER (Students Participating in Distance Education Resources)
SPIDER Elementary (Grades K-6):
- We are a community made up of families and teachers, joining together to share in learning and growing healthy and happy lifelong learners.
- We are a fully accredited BC Public School, part of School District 46 since 2007.
- We are a flexible program that allows families the freedom to follow their own educational philosophies and choose their level of involvement in our program offerings.
- We offer two days per week (Tuesday & Thursday) of engaging workshops and group programming along with field trips, camp-outs and gatherings.
- Want more details about SPIDER Elementary? CLICK HERE!
- Students have the option of participating in the grade 7, 8, 9 cohort of SPIDER known as ProjectSPIDER, offering learning in a blended learning environment using a project based learning model.
- To learn more, CLICK HERE!
SPIDER Secondary Online Learning:
- SPIDER Secondary offers online grade 10-12 courses which lead to graduation. We cater to home schooled students, students from the local high schools taking courses at their own pace (faster or slower), adults who are completing a high school diploma and adults who are upgrading.
- These courses are offered in a blended format. This means that all of the course content is online but students also have the opportunity to meet one on one with their teachers. Our courses are developed through the BC Learning Network which supplies courses to 50 districts in the province and to BC-curriculum international schools across the globe. Our teachers are all BC certified subject specialists who have years of experience teaching both in the classroom and in online learning centres.
- For more information about our SPIDER Secondary Grade 10-12 online learning program and registration details, CLICK HERE!
- Continuing Education programs are available at School District 46
- Tuition-free courses are available for adults who want to earn a high school diploma or upgrade their academic qualifications for a post secondary program. We offer self-paced online courses taught by subject specialist teachers. You can start a new course any time and access your lessons anywhere, but we also have a drop-in adult classroom in Sechelt where you can get one on one help from a teacher.
- Please contact the Continuing Education Principal for details and questions regarding this program.
- For continuing education registration and more information, CLICK HERE!
CLICK HERE to access the SPIDER Elementary Family site for registered families.
Contact a teacher for the password.